Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Albert Pujols?

Alright, I do wish he had hung around in Saint Louis and finished his career there.  If I were a baseball player, I'd have stuck with one team.  But that's me--I still believe in loyalty.  I've been with the same company for almost 18 years now--even though I've been knocked around a bit, seen my work gain awards for others, etc.

I'm just loyal.

Albert Pujols, though, is now a Los Angeles Angel.  Off we go.

So.... he was 0 for 4 last night, his batting average is down to .234, his on base percentage is at a meager .284, and his slugging percentage is .333--which is only 6 points better than his career batting average.  Yes, I realize we are only 17 games in.... but that is ten percent of the season!  No homers?!  What the.....

I was one who was concerned about him near the end of the year last year.  He wasn't the same.  Eventually he kicked in and got the HR totals that were routine for him in the past, but.... his batting average and RBI numbers didn't get there.  Have to wonder whether he's already on the decline.  I really hope not, because I want him to have a career batting average in the 320s and to bury Bad Man Bonds and his supposed HR record.

Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment