Monday, September 30, 2019

Post Season 2019

Let's start with a little honesty:

It is my hope that the Dodgers and Yankees embarrass themselves so badly in the post-season that the Florida Marlins are considered a good team in their stead, and the American League headquarters offers to re-play the first round, replacing the Yankees with my Cleveland Indians.

There.  Also, if the World Series ends up being Dodgers v Yankees--I will refrain from watching the Series for the first time this millennium.

Onward!

I saw an article on ESPN that I figured I'd enjoy, but also that I would play along with.  First, that article: THIS.

If you want to take a moment (or three or five) to read it first, have at it.   I'll wait.

[insert elevator music here]

Alright, that's enough.

Obviously, if you've read the article, you can see that these writers:

  1. Think Houston will win it all
  2. Know about even minor players
  3. Get paid to know about even minor players, so there's that.
Equally obviously, I don't... well I do #1, but not #2 of #3.

I'd be good with Houston winning.  Actually got to one of their games in the middle of a business trip in Houston.  Ticket only cost me 14 bucks, but even the nose-bleed section was a great view.

My loathing of both the Yankees and the Dodgers has already been touched upon.  I'd be willing to have the Dodgers get to the World Series, but only if they were demolished there, losing for the third year in a row.  That would be awesome.

But, honestly, I'd rather see Atlanta there.  Or Milwaukee.  Or Saint Louis.  Or Washington.

But, if the Dodgers get there, I hope they get blasted by someone not rhyming with Pew Jerk Hankees.

Go Indians!

No comments:

Post a Comment