Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June 25, 2013

Well, honestly, I haven't been following baseball as tightly as I have for several years.  I got a new blackberry at work and ESPN's mobile site isn't nearly as useful and quick as it was prior to this blackberry.  I suppose that means this one is technically 'better', but I really preferred the old site.  I could read up on every game before and/or after, and never get thrown to one of those 'live' sites that keeps you updated on a game.  I could follow the game and simply hit 'refresh'.  

I can't figure out how to get BACK to that type of page, so ... haven't read as much on baseball this year.  Which is really too bad, because a couple folks are having a tremendous season, my Indians aren't horrible (again... like last year when they were 30-15 after 45 games, but sucked to the end), and the playoffs appear to be heading for new faces.

Chris Davis?  Whut.  His numbers right now, on June 25th, look good enough for a best season by most current major leaguers. 

Josh Hamilton?!  Albert?  Well...I guess I did sort of see the whole Albert thing coming, darn it.  I want them both to play up to their historic greatness, but that isn't working out thus far in 2013.

Will Adam Dunn be the first man ever to bat less than .200 but hit 40 HRs and get 100 RBIs?  That'd be wacky.  I may have to look to see whether anyone else has done that.

Hey, Yadier, keep improving with age, alright?

What's with Votto's slump?  I mean, really?  His OBP is down to .440!

Alright, enough for now.  I need to come up with a way to keep up on a more daily basis, since ESPN (which sometimes appears to stand for Egalitarian Sexual Preference Network) has muffed it for me.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment